View: 2983|Reply: 2

SL-XP5 Optical Pickup Corroded Lens Magnets

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-12-27 04:35:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

I have an SL-XP5 that is not working because of the stuck lens. I disassembled it today, figured out the lens magnets are corroded badly. Is replacing the magnets with neodymium magnets possible?

What should I pay attention to? Thanks!

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-12-28 12:31:41 | Show all posts
Just remove the oxide and paint it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-03-21 11:40:01 | Show all posts
kaosun replied at 2021-12-28 12:31
Just remove the oxide and paint it.

Thank you very much!

I replaced the magnets with the same size neodymium magnets. After some small adjustments, the player is now in working order.

I have another question about these players. I'm hearing some deeply digital noise after turning it on, during TOC read, and during skip/search only. The noise is much lower while the player is connected to the wall adapter and there is no noise coming out when the track starts playing, the song is completely clean from noise. The same digital noise significantly increases while playing on the battery at low battery voltages like below 6 volts. As batteries get lower, noise increases. I checked the muting circuitry, it's working as it should be. The noise coming from somewhere else which I couldn't figure out yet.

I have another SL-XP5 player and it's deadly quiet while TOC read, skip/search. I compared the internal circuitry with the noisy one, I figured out there are some differences. For example, the quiet one has two ferrite cores, and a little bit different PCB design with some additional components. So, I'm seeing that there are a few versions of these players out there. Some have some kind of filtering circuitry, some don't have.

The question is, is this digital noise during TOC read and skip/search normal behavior on some of these players depending on the version, serial number or manufacturing date? I'd be grateful if you share your ideas.

Thanks!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Repair!

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|Kaosun's CD players

2024-04-25 09:15 GMT-6 , Processed in 0.028776 second(s), 21 queries .