Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Kaosun's CD Players

Forgot password?
 Repair!
Search
View: 6063|Reply: 1

D5 playback issue

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-01-25 13:37:34 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, you worked on my Sony D5 PCDP about a year or two ago ... I'm Jeremy M. from New York. Recently, I'm having an issue with one (and only one, I think) disc. The disc is in perfect condition. I have not found another disc in my collection that does this, although it just started yesterday.
When I press play, the disc starts to spin, but will not "catch." The disc does not get read, and the unit powers off after spinning for a few seconds. Occasionally, when I close the lid just right, it will play for 24 seconds (exactly, every time), then power off. When it plays for 24 seconds, I cannot skip to the next track, as the display will show "2" for the track number, then do the spinning issue without reading the disc.
I hope this is enough information for you to potentially help me... sorry for the lack of correct terminology!

thanks,
JM

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-01-29 09:11:19 | Show all posts
If it's OK, pls send it back for further inspection. It might be mechanical issue or motor drive issue. It seems like the laser motor couldn't move correctly.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Repair!

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|Kaosun's CD players

2024-03-28 15:52 GMT-6 , Processed in 0.024467 second(s), 20 queries .